Inspire the Next Generation – Volunteer
Volunteers play a vital role in the ongoing growth and development of those in the 4‑H Youth Development program. You are more than just a volunteer in 4-H – you are instrumental in inspiring the next generation.
“When adults take time to help young people through 4-H, they
exert an enormous, positive influence on the lives of youth.”
-Retired General Colin Powell
As a 4-H Volunteer, You Can:
- Lead youth within school-based, afterschool and camp settings and in community clubs
- Serve as a chaperone, board member, judge or camp counselor
- Develop and support community service opportunities for youth to make a difference in their communities
- Teach youth using research-based university curricula
- Work with other adults to create fun, new programs for youth
Share Your Interests
If you are interested in leading a project-based club, you can share your expertise to provide young people with learning opportunities as varied as rocketry, public speaking, photography, cooking, community service, and so much more.
Using research-based 4-H project curriculum, you will have the resources to learn as you teach. Either way, you will have the support you need from your local 4-H office.
Join With Your Family
Interested in joining 4-H with your children? Families involved in 4-H report that they work better together by scheduling time to focus on developing communication skills, setting goals and experiencing family-wide learning opportunities.
A Perfect Fit
With a variety of flexible options, you can decide your level of involvement, based on your skills and time available. The following are specific positions available.
- Embryology School Enrichment Assistant
- Cloverbud Club Co-Leader
- Summer Intern
- Poultry Show Committee Chair
Interested in learning more? Contact J. Scott Enroughty, New Hanover County 4-H Agent, at email@example.com.