4-H Club Charter & Finance Information
In order for a group to become a 4-H club, they must charter annually. By becoming a chartered 4-H club the club has permission to use the 4-H Name and Emblem as well as apply for tax-exempt status using the National 4-H General Exemption Number. It is the responsibility of the 4-H agent (or designated Extension employee) to ensure the clubs are using the clover appropriately.
A club charter can be revoked at the discretion of the County Extension program if a club is not maintaining the charter requirements or are misusing the 4-H clover. The materials provided in the chartering section are designed to support the 4-H professional in supporting the 4-H Club. Only chartered clubs are considered official 4-H clubs and should be reported as such.
4-Her’s and 4-H volunteers/club leaders will need to re-enroll via nc.4honline.com for 2020.
4-H Club Charter/Re-charters are DUE to the New Hanover County 4-H office by Monday, 3 February 2020.
4-H Guidelines, Proper Use of 4-H Name & Emblem & Fact Sheet
- 4-H Name and Emblem User Guide (2019)
- 4-H Charters Fact Sheet (USDA/NIFA)
- Naming of 4-H Club
- What is a 4-H Club?
Steps in 4-H Program Planning Worksheets
4-H Club Charter/Re-charter/Seals
- Guidelines for 4-H Clubs: Chartering/Re-chartering/Seals
- Club Re-charter Checklist
- 4-H Club Charter Application
- 4-H Club Program of Work (six-month plan)
- 4-H Club Roster
- North Carolina 4-H Club Articles of Organization (if you have a rotating slate of officers, you will need to include the following in the Signature of 4-H Youth President or Chair section…“Club uses a rotating slate of officers”.
- North Carolina 4-H Name and Emblem Application
- Individual Club/Group Document Sheet
4-H Club Finance (only for those 4-H Clubs who have checking accounts approved by NC 4-H and IRS)
- Club/Group Finance Checklist
- 4-H Financial Responsibility Leader Acknowledgement
- Record of Club/Group Finances, Monthly Treasurer’s Report,
- Audit Review Report
- Audit Review Committee Checklist, Annual Inventory Report,
- Annual Financial Report
- North Carolina 4-H Treasurer’s Record Book
For assistance in completing any of the forms, feel free to contact J. Scott Enroughty at 910-798-7669