Healthy Snack – Banana Sushi Roll
Wondering what type of healthy snack is good for your child not to mention you too. How about a Banana Sushi Roll? It is packed with good-for-you ingredients to get your child from after-school until diner time. This is a quick, easy, and ever so tasty. Protein and complex carbohydrate packed.
This snack is nothing to do with sushi, except that it’s rolled up and sliced like a California roll.
Whole grains, fruit, protein, and just a hint of sweetness.
- 1 flour tortilla (I like to use whole wheat, but you can use white, too)
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2-3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- a small smear of Nutella
- Spread peanut butter on one side of a tortilla. Add a thin line of Nutella.
- Peel banana and straighten it a bit (it’s okay if it cracks a little). Place on top of Nutella.
- Roll tortilla up around the banana, trying to make it as tight as possible.
- Slice your “sushi” roll into 1/2-1 inch rounds and serve.
Checkout the New Hanover County 4-H Facebook post “4-H Banana Sushi Roll”.
To learn more about this Healthy Snack and many others, contact J. Scott Enroughty, 4-H Agent at email@example.com.